15 September 2009

Monday Night, Family Night


Last night was the usual Monday night family meal, and I made this decadent and most popular by far dessert.

Its very simple and I am all about simple and easy but extremely delicious. Here's the recipe.

3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups white sugar
250g block Cadburys Energy chocolate
1/2 cup any roughly chopped nuts - I used pecan and almond
1/2 cup chopped dates - I used dried apricots as I ran out of dates but you could use cherries also.

Whip the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar and mix in well. Chop the block of chocolate up and fold into the egg white mix with the nuts and fruit. Put in a well greased cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 deg celcius for 40 mins.
Serve with ice cream or cream and impress your guests!

No comments: